Astbury Hall is a magnificent Georgian designed stately home surrounded by 350 acres of Shropshire’s beautiful and dramatic countryside.
Although completely destroyed by a fire in 1889, the present home was rebuilt in 1891 by Edmund Southwell who presided as mayor of Bridgnorth from 1895-1897. Mr. Southwell was also the owner of the carpet works on the banks of the River Severn where it is thought he made his fortune.
The ancient history of the original Hall was destroyed by the fire; however it is believed that the original building was built in the reign of Henry the third.
Another well respected gentleman, John Arthur Buston, who was also Master of the Wheatland hunt for some years, resided at Astbury from approximately 1911-1937. His portrait can still be seen today hanging in the hall.